The Royal Mara Safari Lodge is situated directly on the annual wildebeest “Great Migration” route, near the two world famous wildebeest migration Mara River crossing points and near Leopard Gorge, all made internationally known by the BBC’s Big Cat Diary television program.
The tented lodge and camp is located on the popular Hippo Bend Lagoon of the Mara River, amongst several elephant, buffalo and giraffe herds, and with close proximity to several lion prides, including the Maternity, Musiara Marsh, Aitong, and River prides.
Given the position of this camp in the richest game section of the Maasai Mara, the Mara North Conservancy (winner of best wildlife conservancy in Kenya 2011 by Ecotourism Kenya), guests are in the best location to most readily discover the Big Five mammals. Thousands of wildlife documentaries and countless millions of photographs stand testament to this timeless corner of the world.
Some of the Royal Mara Safari Lodge’s accommodation highlights:
- 8 luxury guest accommodation suites, all with Mara River frontage, are built on elevated mahogany wood decks with private verandas.
- All accommodations are equipped with four-poster super king and double size beds, elegantly hand-carved solid wood furnishings and full en suite bathrooms.
- WiFi Internet Connectivity.
- Electronic safe deposit boxes.
- Electric and hot water service.