Matira Bush Camp is the ultimate safari destination in the heart of the Maasai Mara. The idyllic camp, which was styled in harmony with nature, is set on a dense forest vegetation over the savannah and surrounded by a small river. The ideal starting point for a variety of adventurous excursions.
The famous Mara River and the Talek River, where wildebeest and zebra herds relive the spectacular river crossings during the world-renowned migration, are only a few minutes away by foot. Our small river, with fresh water and dense riverine vegetation, is a paradise for birds, which present a delightful concert from sunrise to sunset. Our romantic natural bridge connects the Main Camp with the Adventure Camp. We are the whole year on site , watching and documenting wildlife since years and our guests benefit from the experience of our professional guides, wildlife experts, and the wide range of people who meet here. Captivating adventures on game drive, enchanting voices of the savannah in the night: Enjoy a unique experience – your 24h Safari in the heart of the Maasai Mara.
Some of the Matira Bush Camp’s accommodation highlights:
- Comprises of Matira Main Camp and Matira Adventure Camp.
- Matira Main Camp has10 large comfort-tents equipped as double- or twin-size with en-suite bathroom and are ideally suited for families and Matira Adventure Camp has 6 tents feature comfortable beds in double or twin-bedded tent.
- Full board with breakfast, lunch and dinner and international cuisine with a regional touch.
- Food is freshly prepared and in the dining tent, located under shady old trees, served.
- Enjoy a culinary experience by the romantic campfire.