Basecamp Masai Mara is as much a home as it is a travel destination. Guests become more than visitors, they become part of the Maasai community. This Camp is fittingly referred to as the ‘mother of all camps’.
The Camp is situated along the Talek river in a tropical forest, you are co-existing with the birds and monkeys in the trees outside your tent.
Some of the Basecamp Masai Mara’s accommodation highlights:
- 15 Double Riverside Tents, all built along the banks of the Talek River.
- Each double tent offers a king-size double or twin beds, bathroom featuring bio-flush toilets and two solar-heated showers, one inside and one open-air safari shower, private deck with a view towards the river bed and Maasai Mara National Reserve.
- 286 identified bird species near the Talek River.
- All tents are fitted with bio-flush toilets, solar-heated safari showers, and a private balcony.
- The Family Riverside Tent is the perfect choice for larger groups, or for families travelling with children.
- All tents are fitted with bio-flush toilets, solar-heated safari showers, and a private balcony, where you have a direct view of the Maasai Mara National Reserve.
- The family tent has two separate wings, each featuring a double bed with a shared bathroom area. The tent offers a larger deluxe balcony to give families or groups a chance to socialize in complete privacy.