“Theatre of the Wild”
The sight of dust-red elephants wallowing, rolling, and spraying each other with the midnight blue waters of the palm-shaded Galana River is one of the most evocative images in Africa. This, along with the 300-kilometer-long Yatta Plateau, the longest lava flow in the world, make for an adventure unlike any other in the Tsavo East National Park. The park forms the largest protected area in Kenya and is home to most of the larger mammals, vast herds of dust –red elephant, Rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard, pods of hippo, crocodile, waterbucks, lesser Kudu, gerenuk, and the prolific bird life features 500 recorded species.
- The Park is home to most of the larger mammals, vast herds of dust –red elephant, Rhino, buffalo, lion, leopard, pods of hippo, crocodile, waterbucks, Lesser Kudu, Gerenuk, and Hirola
- The prolific bird life features 500 recorded species.
How to get there
- Roads: the park Mtito Andei Gates is 233 km South of Nairobi and 250 km North of Mombasa on the main Nairobi- Mombasa Road. Distance Nairobi-Mtito Andei: 233 km – Mtito Andei – Voi: 96 km – Voi-Mombasa: 153 km. From Malindi, take the western road (C103) and enter the park via Sala gate.
- Airstrips: Voi, Aruba, Satao, Sala, Ithumba, Sangayaya, Mopeo, Bachuma, Cottars,
Always consider Safaris Kenya for the amazing adventure at Tsavo East National Park.
- You can access Tsavo East National Park through Mombasa- Nairobi Highway
- Climate warm & dry with two rain seasons.
- March to April – Long Rains
- November to December Short Rains
- Almost guaranteed to see the Big 5; lion, leopard, elephant, rhino, and buffalo
- The park also has more than 500 species of Birds
Wildlife & Safaris
What you find in Tsavo East National Park is herds of Dust-Red elephants, Leopards, Lions, Buffalo, Rhinos, Crocodiles, Water-bucks, Gerenuk & Hirola, Lesser Kudu & Hippos. The park also has more than 500 species of Birds. You can Access Tsavo East National Park by Road either from Nairobi or Mombasa. The climate here is Warm & Dry on a bushy grassland.